Cosplay Wednesday: Tali as Shana from Legend of Dragoon
Welcome to another Cosplay Wednesday segment, introducing Tali cosplaying as Shana from Legend of Dragoon!
Cosplay Name: Tali
Cosplay: Shana - Legend of Dragoon
Photographer: Addy Davies
- Tell us about your cosplay: I originally bought this cosplay from Momocosplay, super sweet girl from America. I took a train from Canada to go pick up this cosplay that she was selling to me. I was kinda iffy about it because it was sitting in her closet for years and I didn't see the condition or anything so I took a chance and went anyway. I picked it up and I mean it was in OK condition but wasn't wearable. A lot of pieces from the skirt were missing, a lot of damaged marks, paint was worn off, parts of the cosplay was sticking out from certain spots... It was a MESS. I didn't have a choice since I was there so I picked it up anyway and I got home so late and was so tired that I just crashed.
- How long did it take to complete? The next few months after that I was working on it almost every day.
- What was the hardest part when constructing it? I spent so much money that it wasn't almost worth it. I never gave up though so I painted the whole thing with a few coats. Cut a lot of sections and made it my size. Had some help with making worbla from a friend to attach on some parts. Cut many, many pieces and glued strips onto the skirt. Hot glued a lot of areas for the design. I can go on and on about this. I worked hard at bringing this back to life and I am glad I had a lot of support from friends and loved ones.. because I was so close to just quitting. I wore this to Anime Revolution 2013 and won best fan/audience award. I mentioned Momocosplay right at the start and I wanted to give her credit for what she made and everyone was pleased but I was happy that a lot of people gave me credit as well for fixing it up.. and working on it for so long and how well it looked on me.
- What do you love most about this cosplay? What I loved most about this cosplay is that I felt like the character. I love Shana.. I loved the game. I am a HUGE RPG fan and wearing this reminded me of my childhood as well.. and my brothers. Without them I wouldn't be into video games. I appreciate them so much and I'm happy that everything worked. I was happy that I had random people coming up to me saying THANK YOU... for reminding them of their past and how great old school games are.
- What's your next cosplay project? My next project is a female Sub Zero. I also want to work on making Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI.. as I am obsessed with the whole Final Fantasy series.
Excellent work, Tali.
Interested in submitted to Cosplay Wednesday? Click here to view submission details!