Written by Riri (@lillyums)
Last summer, I decided to go challenge myself with a new crochet project and decided to give that Unicorn from Despicable Me a shot. OMG IT'S SO FLUFFY IM GONNA DIE!!!
Ahem, anyway. I wanted to make this post and show everyone my success photos! I DID write down the crochet pattern...BUT I won't be posting the pattern publicly (for a small cost) yet! When I do, it will be via Ravelry.
Anyway check it out! Let me know WHAT I should improve on! This was my first BIG amigurumi/stuffed animal and I want YOUR feedback! :)
The unicorn came out to be about a foot long, and 8 inches high. However, I also used thinner yarn instead of the medium/worsted weight yarn I preferred to use, so next time I make this (which may never happen, who knows) if I follow the same pattern I drafted, this will be BIGGGGERRR...
Here are some photos of my progress along with some helpful hints in case you plan to make one yourself, or even modify a previous pattern that you may be currently working on.
And after the assembly, MY FINAL PROJECT WAS A SUCCESS!
The only thing I would want to personally improve is the placement of the neck. I think if it was a placed just a little bit further back, and stuffed a little bit more, and maybe a little bit shorter neck, the head wouldn't weigh it down as much.
Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed my progress photos of my first super big amigurumi!