This week's Cosplay Wednesday features Futago Cosplay, who are actually a pair of twins from western CO; this cosplay of Mystique is done by one of the twins! Mystique is quite a character in the X-Men universe. As a shapeshifter, her life and personality is steeped in deception. Impersonating the lives and image of many people constantly made it hard for her to really have an identity to call her own, leading to a bitter and angry life. Cosplaying Mystique's emotions (or lack thereof) must be hard! But Futago Cosplay nailed it!
Cosplayer: Futago Cosplay (FB)
Cosplay: Mystique (white dress)
Series: X-Men Comics
1. How long have you been cosplaying?:
I have been cosplaying since 2007 when i went to my very first anime convention.
2. Why did you choose to cosplay this character?
I love Mystique, she's sassy. and intelligent
3. How long did it take you to complete?
A couple weeks. It's a relatively simple costume. but I had to work on it between school and work.
4. Any difficulties when constructing the costume?
All the skulls were made from a porous white foam. So I had to carve them and plaster them. then sand them down and paint them.
5. What do you love most about cosplaying this character?
I love that I can be Mystique. I just love her character so much.
6. Where did you debut this costume? If you haven't... where do you plan to debut?
Anime Expo 2012
7. What's next? Cosplay related of course...:
Lot's of Sailor Moon, some Sword Art Online, and a secret costume for the WCS.
OOOO Secrets huh? Makes us want to know even more!
Interested in submitting for a chance to be featured for Cosplay Wednesday? Click below!