While some tech companies are looking beyond the handset, Amazon takes a "me too!" approach and launches the worst kept secret in tech with the Amazon Fire Phone.
Looking at the specs, the device sounds to be impressive but can it really take the smartphone market by (FIREY) storm? What with competitors like Apple, Samsung, HTC among others already firmly controlling the marketshare of smart phone users?
I'll have to take a wait and see approach for now, but so far... I'm more so "meh" about the whole thing... a little late to the party aren't you Amazon?
- Quad-core 2.2GHz processor
- Adremo 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 4.7-inch IPS 1,280 x 720 retina display with 315 pixels-per-inch, dynamic contrast and circular polarizer for outdoor use (the rumored 3D display turns out to be a software-driven dynamic perspective effect as opposed to true 3D)
- Gorilla Glass 3 scratch-resistant screen with rubber frame
- 13MP rear-facing camera with F2.0 five element lens (giving it good low-light capability) and optical stabilization, and can capture full HD video at 30FPS
- Four 120-degree field-of-view front-facing cameras with IR illumination for head tracking for the dynamic perspective feature
- Sensors include: Dynamic Perspective sensor system with invisible infrared illumination, gyroscope, accelerometer, magnetometer, barometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor
- Fire OS 3.5
- Dual-stereo speakers
- Tangle-free flat cabled headphones
- 2400mAh battery offering 22 hours of talk time, up to 285 hours of standby, up to 11 hours of video playback, and up to 65 hours of audio playback.